The NCO is a full symphony orchestra dedicated to performing the major works of the symphonic repertoire. Essentially community-based, it has a permanent membership of around 50 players from a variety of backgrounds, including current and former members of the Canberra Youth Orchestra and the Canberra Symphony Orchestra. The NCO performs 4 major concerts each year, as well as an annual Concerto Concert, where members of the orchestra have the opportunity to perform concerto movements, accompanied by their colleagues.
The current NCO committee was elected at the last AGM that was held on 28 November 2022.
Committee members are:
- President: Martin Elias (cello) email@example.com
- Vice President: Yu-Lan Chan (oboe) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Jodie Petrov (flute) email@example.com
- Treasurer: Shona Raine (bassoon) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Librarian: Iain Hercus (French horn) email@example.com
- Publicity Officer: Thayer Parker (violin/viola) firstname.lastname@example.org
- General committee members: Steven Strach (timpani), Nichola Worrall (violin), Lis Hoorweg (clarinet), Suzanna Powell (viola).
You can contact any member of the committee if you have any general issues you would like to discuss.